The Women Masters squad has grown rapidly in recent years and now consists of forty women training and racing regularly. We are always keen to hear from women masters (age 27+) who want to further their rowing careers.
Coached outings are on Wednesday and Friday mornings at 9 a.m., with a focus on sculling. Squad members have additional outings throughout the week, with regular ergo sessions on Mondays.
The aim of every newcomer should be to become confident in a single scull within a few months of joining, whether you want to row recreationally or competitively. Novices are warmly welcomed, however only a limited number can be catered for. Those who are totally new to the sport are encouraged to take part in one of the club's sculling courses first, details of which can be found in the Sculling Courses section.
Many members of the squad race regularly, competing in the winter tideway heads: Pairs, Veteran Fours, Scullers, Women's and Vesta Veterans'. Summer racing includes local regattas as well as the British Rowing Masters Championships and Henley Masters. Crews also compete at the World Rowing Masters Regatta.
Recent wins include:
- 2016: WMD/E 4x, WMF 2x Borne @ Chiswick Bridge; WMD 2x (silver) BR Masters Championships; WMF 2x Henley Masters
- 2015: WME 8+ (composite) Vesta Veterans' Head; WMCNv 8+ (gold), WME/FIM3 4x (gold), WMEIM3 2x (gold), WME 4x (bronze), WME 2x (bronze) BR Masters Championships; WME 2x Pairs Head; WME 4x Veteran Fours Head
- 2014: WME 2x Borne @ Chiswick Bridge; WME 4x, WME 2x Weybridge Ladies; WME 4x Veteran Fours Head
- 2013: WME 2x Borne @ Chiswick Bridge; WME 4x, WME 2x Weybridge Ladies; WME 2x Pairs Head; WMF 1x Scullers Head
- 2012: WME 2x Borne@ Chiswick Bridge; WME 2x Twickenham; WME 2x Weybridge Ladies; WME 2x Barnes and Mortlake; WME 2x Henley Masters; WME 1x Scullers Head
The squad is coached by Jack Carr. Jack has coached a wide variety of scullers and rowers to success at national and international events, including representation at the World Rowing Junior Championships, gold at the Coupe de la Jeunesse, a win in the Fawley Challenge Cup at Henley Royal Regatta, GB Rowing Team final trials, and a win in Intermediate Club Eights at Henley Women's Regatta.
If you are interested in joining us or would like to hear more about what we do, please contact email@example.com